We consume a lot of food and drinks every day with substances that can build-up stains on our teeth over time. Tannins are organic substances in plants that can cause teeth stains. If you’re a coffee lover or a tea person, you might be worried about the impact of teeth discoloration on your teeth and your self-confidence.
In this post, we’ll share with you some helpful tips to keep your teeth white while still enjoying your cup of hot beverages. As a top-rated dentist in Ballantyne, we’ll share the dental tips that we always impart and recommend to our patients.
10 Ways to maintain white teeth and prevent discoloration
Here are the tips that will help reduce and prevent your teeth stains:
- Certain foods have strong acids and tannins that make it easy to have stain build-up on your teeth. Here are some of the food and beverages that you should limit to reduce and prevent teeth discoloration:
- Beverages: Black coffee, tea, red wine, and soda
- Condiments: Soy sauce, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, and curry
- Root crop: Beets
- Confectionary: Candy
- Tobacco use
- If you can’t resist drinking coffee, tea, or wine, you may use a straw to limit teeth exposure to the tannins found in these beverages.
- Drink or rinse your mouth with water after eating or drinking staining food and beverages.
- Use a tongue scraper or use your toothbrush to scrub-off the food or drink residue on your tongue that can also end up on your teeth.
- Gentle abrasives can also help remove the stain on your teeth. You may consume raw and fibrous foods that will serve as natural abrasives for your teeth, like apples and carrots.
- Don’t scrub your teeth too hard to avoid damaging the enamel that will only end up making your teeth more yellow.
- Use a whitening toothpaste twice a day and pair it with a pre-whitening mouthwash before you brush your teeth.
- Use whitening strips regularly. If used according to product instructions and consistently, they can whiten your teeth in two to three shades lighter.
- Brush your teeth after meals. Doing so will reduce the chances of food particles to stay on your teeth and stain your teeth.
- Check your plaque quotient by rinsing your mouth with a disclosing agent or tablet recommended by your dentist. This rinse will reveal where plaque remains on your teeth after brushing. Spend extra time to focus on brushing those areas and improve your brushing technique to prevent plaque buildup. You may also visit your dentist for better teeth whitening and cleaning solutions for your plaque and teeth discoloration concerns.
No one wants to have stains on their teeth. It makes your teeth look unsanitary, unhealthy, and impacts your self-esteem. By limiting your intake and good oral hygiene, you can find a balance between keeping whiter teeth and still enjoying your good old cup of coffee.
Need help with the stubborn teeth stains? Aten & Garofalo Dentistry can help!
Our dental team wants to help you avoid the uncomfortable feeling of having stained teeth. If you want to boost your confidence and improve your oral health, Aten & Garofalo Dentistry provides teeth whitening and cosmetic dental services in Ballantyne.
It is essential to observe your food and drink intake. Not only does it prevent teeth stains, but also for your overall wellness. Stop being conscious about your stained teeth, and let us help you bring back the smile on your face by scheduling an appointment with us.
Pharmacie canadienne pas cher viagra. Quels sont les meilleurs levitra sont les cialis. Pharmacie canadienne cialis. Acheter viagra australien. cialispascherfr24 Coût du Viagra.