We consume a lot of food and drinks on a daily basis… and of course, it will stain your teeth more than you would like for it too.nIf you are concerned about the appearance of your teeth, are noticing more stains, and your teeth are a bit yellow.
Are you interested in learning new ways to help you prevent and reduce teeth stains? Then you have come to the right place!
Today we are sharing our top ways to help you keep your teeth whiter and prevent new stains from forming.
11 Tips to Reduce and Prevent Teeth Stains
We have compiled our best tips to help you keep a whiter and brighter smile.
- Limit your intake of black coffee, tea, red wine, soda, soy sauce, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, beets, curry, candy, and tobacco use.
- Use a straw when drinking coffee, tea or wine this will limit the exposure to your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with water after eating or drinking anything from the first tip.
- Use a tongue scraper to help remove any stains from your tongue which can end up on your teeth.
- Gently scrub your teeth. If you scrub too hard it will make your teeth appear dull because you are damaging your tooth enamel.
- Use whitening toothpaste twice a day and pair it with pre-whitening mouthwash before you brush your teeth.
- Use whitening stripes on a regular basis. If used on a regular basis they can whiten your teeth 2-3 shades.
- Select a mouthwash that has antibacterial benefits because it will protect your teeth from new stains.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. This will reduce the chances of stains forming on your teeth.
- Check Your Plaque Quotient. You can do this by rinsing your mouth with a disclosing solution from your dentist. This rinse will you show where plaque remains on your teeth after brushing. Spend the extra time to really brush those spot. Improve your brushing technique to keep the plaque away.
No one wants stains on their teeth because it is not attractive and makes your teeth appear less healthy, and no one wants to smile with yellow teeth. It can make us a bit self-conscious. We want to help you avoid that by sharing this valuable information with you to help boost your self-esteem and confidence and to let you know that there are ways to solve this problem.
It is important for us to watch what we eat and drink on a daily basis and to practice good dental hygiene habits. If you need help in this department then definitely schedule an appointment with your dentist to help you address these issues and how they can help.