Implant Procedures Tabs
Dental Implants in Ballantyne
DENTAL IMPLANTS IN BALLANTYNE
Losing your natural teeth disrupts the natural balance of the mouth. A dental implant is essentially a post that replaces the missing tooth root. When topped with a dental restoration such as a crown, bridge, or denture, the result is a fully functioning tooth replacement. At Aten & Garofalo Dentistry, we offer dental implants in Ballantyne, NC to help patients restore their beautiful smiles.
DENTAL IMPLANTS PROCEDURE IN BALLANTYNE
A consultation with the dentist is required to determine your dental needs and to establish a treatment plan. The implant procedure requires more than one appointment. During the first visit, the implant is positioned in place of the missing tooth or teeth. Once healed, the abutment is attached so the crown, bridge, or denture can be placed to complete the restoration.
DENTAL IMPLANTS RECOVERY IN BALLANTYNE
After the initial implant placement, the mouth needs time to heal. The bone and soft tissues are given time to accept and heal.
Implant procedures content – full width
At Aten & Garofalo Dentistry, we offer dental implants in Ballantyne, NC to keep your smile healthy. For patients with missing teeth, implants are a permanent replacement option to restore your smile’s appearance and function.
Our team offers comprehensive general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry. We customize our dental care services to fit each patient’s needs, goals, and budget. Call us today for an appointment!
cosmetic contact section
LET’S GET STARTED!
Schedule Your Appointment
Cosmetic Testimonial section
What our Patient’s Say
Have been going here for a few years and highly recommend! Always excellent service and availability.
Everyone at Dr Aten’s is so nice and really work at putting you at ease. They know their jobs and are really good at them. I am always so impressed. Dr Aten is great!!
My first visit was wonderful Kayla was great.
Implant procedure Faq’s
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do implants contain metal?Dental implants are often made of titanium. The same material is used for hip, shoulder, and knee implants. Titanium implants are highly biocompatible. Allergies are rare.
- How much do implants cost?Dental implant procedures are tailored to the individual patient so the price varies. Contributing factors include the number and location of the implants and the quality of the patient’s bone and gum tissue. Our dentists will provide you with a detailed assessment based on your needs and treatments.
- Does insurance cover dental implants?Dental implants may be covered by insurance. However, situations and types of insurance vary. Check with your insurance company first to determine your coverage benefits. The total cost and coverage may depend on the number of implants needed, the patient’s bone quality, and the region of the mouth being treated.
- Does it hurt to get a dental implant?Every patient is unique and has a different tolerance level. Most patients report less discomfort than expected following the dental implant procedure. A local anesthetic is used during the treatment to maintain the patient’s comfort. Afterwards, antibiotics and pain medication may be recommended to avoid infection and to ease discomfort.
- How long is a dental implant procedure?
Every treatment plan is customized and varies based on the number of teeth being replaced, if extractions or bone grafts are needed first, the area of the mouth being treated, and your overall oral health.
The dental implant process requires more than one appointment. Once the implant is placed, the mouth needs time to heal. The process known as osseointegration takes place where the bone and gums heal around the implant.
- Are dental implants fixed or removable?Once placed, dental implants are fixed, permanent structures in the mouth. They can only be removed by a dentist or oral surgeon.
- Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants may be titanium or zirconium. The implant technology is sophisticated, safe, and reliable.
- How long is the dental implant healing process?
Healing time varies from patient to patient depending on the number of implants needed and the patient’s overall health. Most patients heal in 6-12 weeks.
- How long do implants last?
Dental implants are highly successful, permanent replacements for missing teeth. With good oral hygiene, dental implants can last a lifetime and will not decay.