Cosmetics Procedures Tabs
Cosmetic Services in Ballantyne
VENEERS IN BALLANTYNE
A beautiful smile enhances your appearance and improves your confidence levels in your personal and professional interactions. We offer porcelain veneers in Ballantyne, NC as a treatment option to transform your smile. Dental veneers help cover imperfections to give you the beautiful smile you deserve.
TEETH WHITENING IN BALLANTYNE
A beautiful smile has positive effects on an individual’s personal and professional lives. We offer teeth whitening in Ballantyne, NC as a simple, yet effective way to transform our patients’ smiles. When performed by a dental professional, teeth whitening treatments are safe, efficient ways to achieve brighter smiles.
DENTAL IMPLANTS IN BALLANTYNE
Losing a tooth disrupts the balance of the mouth. The teeth may shift, bacteria can accumulate, and the bone may begin to deteriorate. Aten & Garofalo Dentistry offers dental implants in Ballantyne, NC. Dental implant procedures replace missing teeth and improve a patient’s quality of life.
Cosmetic procedures content – full width
At Aten & Garofalo Dentistry, we provide cosmetic dental services in Ballantyne, NC. We strive to give our patients beautiful, healthy smiles through our comprehensive services. Whether you need a routine cleaning and exam or cosmetic treatments for smile enhancement, we will work with you to develop your dental treatment plan.
For patients who need more comprehensive dental procedures, we provide various options including the pros and cons of each procedure. Treatment plans are customized to fit our patients’ needs and preferences.
cosmetic contact section
LET’S GET STARTED!
Schedule Your Appointment
Cosmetic Testimonial section
What our Patient’s Say
Have been going here for a few years and highly recommend! Always excellent service and availability.
Everyone at Dr Aten’s is so nice and really work at putting you at ease. They know their jobs and are really good at them. I am always so impressed. Dr Aten is great!!
My first visit was wonderful Kayla was great.
Cosmetic procedure Faq’s
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are dental implants?A dental implant is essentially a post that is placed in the jaw to replace a missing tooth root. It creates a sturdy base for a dental restoration. An abutment or connector attaches the implant to a crown, bridge, or denture. The end result is a fully functioning, aesthetically pleasing dental restoration. The implant and restoration function as a normal tooth so speaking and eating can continue as normal.
- Are dental implants safe?Dental implants may be made of titanium or zirconium which are both safe for use in the body. The implant technology is a sophisticated, reliable solution to replace a missing tooth.
- What are the benefits of dental implants?Your teeth help stimulate and maintain the health of your jawbone. Without a tooth, that bone begins to deteriorate and the adjacent teeth may shift. The smile and bite are affected by missing teeth.
A dental implant is a permanent tooth replacement option that preserves the jawbone, keeps your surrounding teeth in place, and restores the chewing surface of the mouth. When an implant is topped with a dental restoration, the patient’s smile is complete. Implants are long-lasting, durable restorations.
- What are the risks of dental implants?A dental implant procedure is considered a minor oral surgery. Although the procedure is performed in our office, oral surgery still opens your mouth to the risk of infection, inflammation, and discomfort.
If the patient does not have adequate bone or gum tissue, a graft may be needed. These procedures not only increase the treatment cost, but also bring additional risks of discomfort and longer recovery periods. However, with proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime which offsets the upfront investment.
- How much do implants cost?
Dental implant procedures are tailored to the individual patient so the price varies. Contributing factors include the number and location of the implants and the quality of the patient’s bone and gum tissue. Our dentists will give you a detailed evaluation and assessment based on your unique needs.
- What are veneers?Veneers alter and improve the appearance of a single tooth or multiple teeth. The ultra thin shells of porcelain are adhered to the front of the teeth to correct imperfections such as discolored, chipped, poorly spaced, or misaligned teeth.
- Are dental veneers safe?Dental veneers are made of porcelain. This material is metal-free, safe, and durable.
- What are the benefits of porcelain dental veneers?
Porcelain veneers have the following benefits:
- Cover a single tooth or multiple
- Address problems such as chipped, gapped, crooked, and discolored teeth
- Customize treatment
- Resemble natural tooth enamel
- Create an aesthetically pleasing smile
- What are the risks of veneers?In order to adequately adhere to the tooth, veneers require prep work. The natural teeth must be prepared beforehand, meaning a very small amount, about the thickness of a fingernail, must be removed from the teeth. This allows the veneers to lay flush with the teeth for a natural appearance.
- What do porcelain veneers cost?
Since veneers are a versatile treatment option, they can be used to cover a single tooth, several teeth, or an entire arch for a smile makeover. This results in varying costs from patient to patient. The number of veneers needed and the location in the mouth contribute to the cost. An evaluation and estimate will be given during your consultation.
- What is teeth whitening?Teeth whitening treatments involve applying a whitening or bleaching agent to the teeth. Depending on the treatment used, a special light may be needed to activate the agent for more dramatic results.
- Why should I whiten my teeth?
Over time, the foods and drinks we consume cause stains to build up on the teeth. The teeth begin to look yellow or discolored. Whitening helps break down the stains to reveal a brighter smile.
- Can I use over-the-counter teeth whitening?
Over-the-counter products are readily available in the form of strips, toothpastes, and rinses, but they are less effective and are more likely to cause sensitivity. Professional teeth whitening under your dentist’s care is safe and effective.
Professional whitening agents are more powerful than over-the-counter treatments so you achieve more dramatic results in less time. Plus, you are under your dentist’s care so he/she is available to make sure nothing interferes with the whitening process.
- What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a simple way to dramatically whiten your smile and improve your physical appearance in just a single treatment. Office-based whitening takes about an hour. Take-home whitening trays allow you to whiten at your convenience.
- What are the risks of teeth whitening?
The bleaching agent can cause sensitivity. To avoid this, the gums are protected before treatment. If tooth sensitivity does occur, it usually resolves after a couple of days.
Whitening treatments do not affect dental restorations the same way as natural teeth. If you have restorations, discuss your whitening options with your dentist first to ensure you get the best results.