Making sure that you clean your teeth properly is our number one goal to us here at Aten & Garofalo Dentistry. We are one of the best dental offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and in this article, we are going to be discussing ways that we can help you clean your teeth. We are also going to give you the rundown on how to properly clean your teeth and also let you know what all we can do to help you clean your teeth.
How to Clean Your Teeth Properly
It is so very important to make sure you have great oral health and to do that you need to start brushing and flossing your teeth at least twice a day. It only takes about 10 minutes of your day to practice good oral hygiene and also keeping your dental visits with us is very important not just for your oral health but also your overall health. Here are the steps to properly brush and floss your teeth.
How to Properly Brush Your Teeth
- Step 1 is to place your toothbrush against your teeth at about 45 degrees.
- Step 2 is to gently move your toothbrush with short quick strokes back and forth on your teeth. This gets the debris off.
- Step 3 is to be sure to brush the outer and inner surfaces and the top surfaces of your teeth. The best way to clean your teeth on the inside surface is to tilt the toothbrush vertically and brush in a circular motion.
- Step 4 is to rinse and repeat. Doing this simple technique at least twice a day and spending 5 minutes can decrease the risks of gum disease and tooth decay.
How to Properly Floss Your Teeth
- Take the floss and get out at least 18 in. of it and wind it around both of your middle fingers, just be sure to leave about an inch or so to floss with.
- You need to hold the floss between your thumb and your index finger and gently slide it between your teeth.
- You need to curve the floss gently around each of your teeth to make sure you go under the gums. Please never force or snap the floss down because this can cut your gums.
- Be sure to use a clean section of the floss when you move from gap to gap.
Now that you know how to properly clean your teeth, it’s time to let you know what all we can do to help clean your teeth. When you come into the office we can offer you the option of getting your teeth professionally cleaned to remove all the plaque and tartar off your teeth. We recommend that you get regular dental cleanings at least once every 6 months to keep the risk of gum disease and tooth decay low. Here at Aten & Garofalo Dentistry, we strive to give you the best patient care possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us or stop by for a visit. We’re always here to help in any way we can.